Resume MUST Haves
You only get one shot at a first impression and a resume is often times your first impression. You must be sure to have the following incorporated into your resume
- Presentation: Believe it or not, the layout and style of your resume is your first official impression if applying online. If your resume is sloppy, poorly written, full of grammatical errors, or difficult to follow, that can say a lot about you and you must make sure it is presentable! Presentation is so important.
- Contact information: Be sure to include your name, email address, and phone number. The information you include must be current and up to date in order for clear lines of communication in order to get the job!
- Photos: Be sure to include a professionally taken head shot or full body shot. Include one photo and attach a couple of photos separately when applying for the job. Remember that your photo will (not always) be the first time someone sees you, so make sure it is authentic, professional, and tasteful.
- Experience: Norton National wants to see your previous work experience! Familiarity and experience bode well in order to be qualified for the job opportunity.
- References: Include reference(s) in your resume. By doing so, you are confident that you will have a positive review and that your previous employer will have nothing but great things to say about you to help you get the job.
- Social Media: Include relevant links to social media or internet pages that can help us learn more about you and your involvement with online advertising and social networking. LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram are only few of the several outlets professionals look for more information about you.
Remember to include why you would be an asset and what you have to contribute to Norton National by writing a cover letter, or at the very least including it in the body of the email you send when applying.
If you need help and want FREE advice on photo’s and/or resume advice, please apply for our upcoming quarterly photo shoot – Norton National : Photo Factory : Fall Edition. Fill out the following application form: